NCSL STAR Program
Maryland Class Registration - Click Here to Register
All available classes are listed below. IMPORTANT - Click on the link above to register. You must create a user account before you can register for a class. Once you have created an account, login. To register for a class, click on "STAR Course aka GRADE 9 Referee" option. STARs can now take any Grade 8 or Grade 9 course offered.
Virginia Class Registration - Click Here to Register
All available classes are listed below. To register for any Virginia class, click on the link above to the Metro DC-VA State Referee site, and click on "Registration Instructions" on the left side-menu. Please read all instructions carefully. All STAR classes are listed under the "North - New Grade 9 Combo" heading. You can take any class listed in this section. IMPORTANT: The STAR training class will consist of three parts: 1) an on-line portion which must be completed; 2) outside field training; and 3) classroom instruction and test. All parts must be completed to become a certified STAR referee.
Maryland STAR Classes Fall 2017 Season
New STAR Classes
Sunday, August 27, 2017
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
South Campus Bldg. 200-E100
11101 Johns Hopkins Rd.
Virginia STAR Classes Fall 2017 Season
New STAR Classes
Sunday, September 17, 2017
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Field Training at Wakefield Park
12:00 PM - 3:00 PM at
Kings Park Community Center
8940 Burke Lake Road
STAR Recertification Classes
For a complete list of recertification classes in Virginia, go to the Metro DC/VA State Referee website, http://www.vadcsoccerref.com/, and click on "Clinic Listing" and be sure to thoroughly read through the information before proceeding.
- To view classes and register click on the link: https://vadcsoccerref-training.gameofficials.net/public/class/classSearch.cfm
- You will first need to create an account in the system. Click on New User? on the left side menu bar.
- If you are brand new to the system, click on “I have NEVER BEEN registered”. Follow the instructions on the screen to begin creating an account.
- Complete the form to create a new user account and click SAVE at the bottom.
- Complete secondary form to continuing creating your account. Click SAVE.
- To view listing of classes, click “Courses” on the left side menu bar. Then click REFEREE COURSES.
- Click on “North – New Grade 9 Combo” to view a listing of the STAR classes. (Actually any of the New Grade 8 or Grade 9 courses can be taken to satisfy the STAR requirement.)
- Select the course date desired and click on the link for that class.
- Click on “Register for this course”.
- Complete form with additional information and click SAVE to add registration.
- Click on “Complete 2016 Disclosure” to complete the KidSafe portion of registration.
- Click SAVE (Complete Disclosure).
- Complete Payment Section and confirm course selection.
For recertification classes in Maryland, go to the Maryland Referee website, http://marylandreferees.com/msr2/?page_id=23. Scroll down to review the instructions and a list of all recertification classes.
Direct questions to STAR Program Administrator - STAR@ncsl-soccer.com