Dear NCSL Club Representatives and Teams:
The league office and the Rules & Discipline Chairman are being overwhelmed with routine communications. Below are the guidelines that each team and club representative should follow in dealing with league issues.
TEAM OFFICIALS (COACHES. MANAGERS, PARENTS)
1. To get the answer to your questions, please follow the following sequence:
- first check the NCSL Rules & Procedures Manual, it should be in there
- contact your Club Representative for rules questions and explanations
- your club representative can seek guidance from the State Commisisioner or R&D for those issues the club representative cannot answer
- do not send any rules questions to the league office
2. Never call or e-mail the referee assignors. Assignors have been instructed not to accept any changes/ information unless it comes directly from NCSL office.
3. If you have an issue concerning the events at one of your games or want to file a complaint, first contact your Club Representative and discuss the issue with him/her. If you then want to document this issue, please send an e-mail to your club representative who can forward it to the R&D Chairman. Do not send these e-mails to the league office.
4. If you have an issue concerning a rescheduled game, please contact your club representative with the information. Your club representative can contact the league office.
1. Never call or e-mail the referee assignors for any reason other than assisting them with locating available referees, assignors have been instructed not to accept any changes/ information unless it comes directly from NCSL office.
2. Make sure you know the rules so that you can answer your teams’ questions. If you need an interpretation of the rules, please send an e-mail to your State Commissioner or the R&D Chairman.
3. It is essential that you know the rules and procedures concerning inclement weather. If you must close a field due to weather contact the league office first for permission to cancel games. If games can be moved to another field, please provide information to facilitate the league administrator in getting these games rescheduled.
Kathleen Sessions, League Administrator