NCSL has announced STAR classes for the upcoming Spring 2019 spring season. Please see below for more information. The STAR training class will consist of three parts: 1) an on-line portion which must be completed; 2) outside field training; and 3) classroom instruction and test. All parts must be completed to become a certified STAR referee.
STAR Class (Northern Va)
- Date | Saturday, April 6th
- Time | 9am-4pm
- Location | Wakefield Park/Kings Park Community Room (8940 Burke Lake Rd., Springfield, VA)
- Cost | $70
- Registration | Click here
Grade 8 Classes
For those interested in becoming a Grade 8 Referee, these classes will satisfy the STARs requirement and also allow you to be a center referee in other games.
- There are no Grade 8 classes currently available.
STAR Recertification Classes
For a complete list of recertification classes in Virginia, go to the Metro DC/VA State Referee website, http://www.vadcsoccerref.com/, and click on "Clinic Listing" and be sure to thoroughly read through the information before proceeding.
- To view classes and register click on the link: https://vadcsoccerref-training.gameofficials.net/public/class/classSearch.cfm
- You will first need to create an account in the system. Click on New User? on the left side menu bar.
- If you are brand new to the system, click on “I have NEVER BEEN registered”. Follow the instructions on the screen to begin creating an account.
- Complete the form to create a new user account and click SAVE at the bottom.
- Complete secondary form to continuing creating your account. Click SAVE.
- To view listing of classes, click “Courses” on the left side menu bar. Then click REFEREE COURSES.
- Click on “North – New Grade 9 Combo” to view a listing of the STAR classes. (Actually any of the New Grade 8 or Grade 9 courses can be taken to satisfy the STAR requirement.)
- Select the course date desired and click on the link for that class.
- Click on “Register for this course”.
- Complete form with additional information and click SAVE to add registration.
- Click on “Complete 2016 Disclosure” to complete the KidSafe portion of registration.
- Click SAVE (Complete Disclosure).
- Complete Payment Section and confirm course selection.
For recertification classes in Maryland, go to the Maryland Referee website, http://marylandreferees.com/msr2/?page_id=23. Scroll down to review the instructions and a list of all recertification classes.
Direct questions to STAR Program Administrator - STAR@ncsl-soccer.com